We welcomed Macy Margaret on February 4th at 11:07 pm. It seemed like a whirlwind of events led up to her arrival. I was supposed to go into the hospital on Thursday night the 2nd to begin everything but the hospital was full and no bed was available. I called the hospital Friday morning at 5:30 and was told to come in at 7:30. Jeff and I arrive and they begin my cervidill at 10:45. The doctor on call explained to me that once everything starting going they were to get me as far as possible with very little pushing due to my high heart rate. I was fine with that since I knew I would have an epidural. At 11:00 pm Friday night my cervidill was removed and the pitocin began at midnight. Within the hour I was already having contractions. I thought, this is going to be quick and a breeze since it's the second time around. Well, I was proven wrong. I did not change all night and they had to break my water Saturday morning. They told me that would really speed things up and this baby would be here in no time. By 10:00 am my contractions were bad enough that I went ahead and got my epidural. But I was still moving real slow. At 5:00 pm I was 9 cm but the baby was being stubborn and would not drop. Four hours later there I was still 9 cm and exactly the same. That is when I got the devastating news...I was to have a c-section in an hour!! What? This was not in my plans. They got me prepped and rolled me back there around 10:30. It all went really quick once they got me numb. Miss Macy was born at 11:07 weighing 6lbs 12oz and 20.5 inches long. The doctor told us that the reason she wouldn't drop was that the cord was too tight around her neck and she couldn't drop far enough. So in the end the c-section was a blessing and I am grateful the doctor to decided to do the c-section when she did.
I love this picture with both mine and Jeff's hand on Macy. Once they got her cleaned up they put her on my chest for a few minutes so I could get a peek at her.
Much bigger girl than her sister
First look at my baby girl
Proud Momma and Daddy
Jeff with the newest addition
Isn't this the cutest whale you have ever seen! I tried to get Lucy's picture standing with the whale but you can see what I ended up with!
Here is my sweet girl in the NICU. The doctors came in my room Sunday morning to let us know that Macy would be moving to the NICU. No, not again I thought. She was having a little breathing problem and some fluid in her lungs. They put her on antibiotics for an infection.
Within a few days she was much improved and we were told that she would have to stay for 7 days due to being on antibiotics which is administered through an IV.
Lucy loves to play with our touchpad(which she is the only reason we bought it) especially in the mornings laying in my bed(hey, i can't complain). She is too funny with her paci in her mouth, one in her hand, leg propped up and watching youtube!
I am so excited and can't wait to meet Ms. Macy! :)
ReplyDelete